This course provides learners with the skills and knowledge required to provide first aid and is designed to meet the requirements from the HLT Health training package. This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to a casualty. The unit applies to all workers who may be required to provide a first aid response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
Learners will understand how to respond to an emergency situation, apply first aid procedures and communicate the details of an incident to relevant personnel. Additionally, you will also recognise the need to evaluate the incident and your own performance.
There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification specified within the Resources and Infrastructure Industry Training Package. Noting this, Australian Professional Training Academy requires persons who undertake this course to:
- Be aged 18 years or over.
- Have suitable language, literacy and numeracy skills.
- Learner's photo Identification to be sited prior to course commencement.
- Learners must be physically capable of bending and kneeling to provide first aid to a person on the floor. This includes performing CPR for up to 5 minutes.
2 days in the classroom face to face or learning online 5 hrs theory, followed by one day practical assessment in the classroom face to face.
Learners will be assessed through the demonstration of practical skills, participation in role plays, analysis of case studies. They will also be required to answer a number of oral and written questions regarding their actions and theoretical application of knowledge.
The learner must show evidence of the ability to complete tasks of this unit, manage tasks and contingencies in the context of the job role.
- Industry standards require this course (HLTAID003) to be updated every 3 years with the CPR (HLTAID001) refreshed every 12 months.
- Minimum 6 students required to schedule a training date, please send your expression of interest.