To acquire skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to infants, children and adults.
|Course Name: ||HLTAID004 - Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting|
|Course Code: ||HLTAID004|
|Course Duration: ||Completion of pre-course self study plus 8 hours face to face training with practical followed by assessment|
|Training Plans: || HLTAID004 - Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting|
This first aid course is suitable for child care workers, teachers and parents. It will give you the skills and knowledge required to provide first aid response, life support, management of casualty in a range of situations for adults and children in an education and care setting. In particular, the unit applies to educators and support staff working within an education and care setting who are required to respond to a first aid emergency, including asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies. This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to infants, children and adults. The Australian Children's Education & Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) has endorsed HLTAID004 as satisfying all educator requirements for first aid, anaphylaxis management and emergency asthma training, as outlined by National Regulations.
Learners will be assessed through the demonstration of practical skills, participation in role plays, analysis of case studies. They will also be required to answer a number of oral and written questions regarding their actions and theoretical application of knowledge.
|Entry Requirements: |
There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification specified within the Resources and Infrastructure Industry Training Package. Noting this, Australian Professional Training Academy requires persons who undertake this course to:
- Be aged 18 years or over.
- Have suitable language, literacy and numeracy skills.
- Learner's photo Identification to be sited prior to course commencement.
- Learners must be physically capable of bending and kneeling to provide first aid to a person on the floor. This includes performing CPR for up to 5 minutes.
|Qualification Requirements: |
The learner must show evidence of the ability to complete tasks of this unit, manage tasks and contingencies in the context of the job role.
|Units of Competence: ||
||Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
- Industry standards require this course (HLTAID004) to be updated every 3 years with the CPR (HLTAID001) refreshed every 12 months.
- Minimum 6 students required to schedule a training date, please send your expression of interest.