Learners will understand how to respond to an emergency situation, perform CPR and then communicate the details of the incident to relevant personnel.
|Course Name: ||HLTAID001 - Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation|
|Course Code: ||HLTAID001|
|Course Duration: ||5 hours face to face training with practical followed by assessment|
|Training Plans: || HLTAID001 - Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation|
This course provides learners with the skills and knowledge required to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines. This course is designed to meet the requirements from the HLT Health training package. This unit applies to all workers who may be required to provide CPR, in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
The learner will be assessed by demonstrating procedures applicable to this unit. They will also be required to answer a number of oral and written questions regarding their actions and theoretical application of knowledge. The assessment will also be part of a simulated activity set by the assessor.
|Entry Requirements: |
There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification specified within the Resources and Infrastructure Industry Training Package. Noting this, Australian Professional Training Academy requires persons who undertake this course to:
- Be aged 15 years or over.
- Have suitable language, literacy and numeracy skills.
- Learner's photo Identification to be sited prior to course commencement.
- Learners must be physically capable of bending and kneeling to provide first aid to a person on the floor. This includes performing CPR for up to 5 minutes.
|Qualification Requirements: |
The learner must show evidence of the ability to complete tasks of this unit, manage tasks and contingencies in the context of the job role. There must be evidence that the candidate has completed the tasks in line with regulations, first aid codes of practice, Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines and workplace procedures.
|Units of Competence: ||
||Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Industry standards require this course HLTAID001 to be updated every 12 months.
- Minimum 6 students required to schedule a training date, please send your expression of interest.